Discover the "Silicon Savannah"
Have you ever travelled or worked in Africa? If not, then now’s the time. Uganda and Kenya are well on their way to becoming a Mecca for startups and entrepreneurs, as many Africans have entrepreneurship in their blood. Digitisation has opened up the doors for thousands of young entrepreneurs eager to network with other digital natives. East Africa's rapid development has opened up a world of possibilities and business opportunities that would have been unthinkable 10 or 20 years ago. The scene is already talking about the "Silicon Savannah". With Cuckoo you will not only experience an unforgettable journey, but also get a direct access to the African startup scene.
Become a part of the African start-up scene
You are housed in a city villa in a central location, within walking distance of the city center and your coworking space. Our host Beatrice was born and raised in Kampala. She literally knows everyone in the city and can provide you with many local contacts to get you off to a good start. In Nairobi, you'll be equally well taken care of.
The city and the surrounding area offer attractive opportunities for leisure activities and excursions, whether you want to go on a safari to the savannah or tour Lake Victoria and Mount Kenya. We’re able to provide you with an uncomplicated and comfortable introduction to Uganda so in no time flat you’ll be able to travel and work freely and fluidly.
Interested in working in East Africa? Subcribe to our NewsletterOne moment…Thank you!
Your benefits with Cuckoo
- Accommodation in a private room with a large double bed that you can optionally share with a friend or partner
- The entire group of 15-20 persons is accommodated in various apartments and houses in a central location
- Weekly cleaning and laundry services are available free of charge
- The coworking space is within easy walking distance and accessible 24/7
- All rooms have a fast and secure internet connection
- Joint events, including a welcoming meet and greet and a farewell party. Events take place at least once a week
- Local staff support on the ground for planning weekend/weekday excursions, offering you insider tips to exploring the city and countryside
- Networking opportunities to meet the founders of some of the city’s most exciting startups
- Transfer between Nairobi and Kampala by bus
You want to pack your bags and work in Africa for a few weeks?
The program in Kampala and Nairobi can be booked monthly from October to December 2019 inclusive. We will publish the prices at the beginning of 2019. Just send us your non-binding request and we will inform you as soon as possible!